3260 - MIL External- Full-Time FLOATER - Blue Days 7a-7p, Massillon, OH
Your Career Continues at Shearer's Snacks Millennium Plant! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment in the position of FULL-TIME Floater – Blue Days ** 2-2-3 Shift Schedule Days**
Summary: Organizes the day-to-day functioning of the packaging area.
- Shift Available: Blue Day Shift 7am - 7pm on a 2-2-3 Shift Schedule
- Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Safety Mindset – Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Attendance – This position requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area
- Leadership – Must demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back
- Reasoning/Troubleshooting Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations. Must have ability to work through problems backwards to find root causes and address issues
- Floater Skills – Must have basic computer skills required to run production.
- Verifies that machines are set up correctly by checking color & size of label, shift number, machine and code date. (Fill out Floater Control points & hand out Packaging/Picking control points to the associates)
- Make sure that all packaging stations have the correct boxes for the product they are packing.
- Moves and counts all completed skids. Makes sure that all skids are tagged with a skid label, all partial skids are labeled appropriately.
- Informs Machine Operators when an order is close to completion.
- Informs Warehouse when more boxes are needed for production in a timely fashion so packers do not run out of cartons.
- Organize breaks and lunches.
- Makes sure lines and machines are cleaned at the half way cleaning time, or when product is switched. Having the packers stay busy and keeping the line neat, clean and organized
- Knowing how our “MIP” system works (General computer knowledge)
- Responsible for shutting down label machines, empting and covering labels, putting labels and scales in appropriate area and covering all tape machines at the end of shift.
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, varied schedules, overtime and holidays when needed
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer's Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/Drug Free Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.