Your Career Continues at Shearer's Snacks Millennium Plant! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment in the position of Warehouse Receiving.
The Warehouse Receiving Team Member will be responsible for physically, systematically and properly receiving, inspecting, storing, rotating, counting and staging of all materials. The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing. This team member will also have the responsibility of supplying materials to the production team, returning materials to the racks when needed and moving pallets to and from the production area, as well as all other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Warehouse Team Lead.
Shift Available: 1st Shift: 11pm - 7am
Qualifications (Education) and/or Experience:
- Education – High School Diploma or GED required
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis.
- Safety Mindset – Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Experience: Warehouse experience necessary; 3-6 months warehouse, fork lifting, loading, unloading, and inventory experience preferred.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates.
- Leadership: Must demonstrate Shearer's North Star Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back.Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy. Warehouse Receiving Team Members will need to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC and must have the ability to work well with others.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area.
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions. This team member should be highly detail oriented and self-motivated. Dedication, dependability, and willingness to learn are a must.
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
- Other Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to warehouse duties along with other various duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands: The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for eight (8+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A Little More About Us…
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.