Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Shearer's Snacks – Millennium Plant – is currently seeking skilled Maintenance Technicians who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment of our MASSILLON, OHIO manufacturing facility.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for eliminating minor stops and breakdown related losses. Maintenance Technicians must be self-starters and are responsible for maintaining and repairing specialized process and packaging equipment. This role will be responsible for answering calls, line improvements, and preventative maintenance work throughout the facility.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required; Prior Maintenance related experience required
- Applicants must have solid mechanical background and at least 3 years’ experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and programmable logic controls
- Ability to work independently and as part of a Maintenance & Production team
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule when required, operations currently run 24 hours- 7 days/week
- Candidate must have critical thinking skills needed for troubleshooting systems
- Shift Hours Available -1st Shift (11:00 pm – 7:00 am) AND 3rd Shift (3:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Leadership – The Maintenance Technician MUST demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back. They must have a positive attitude and the ability to support team members by supporting procedures and policies of Shearers Snacks. They must display the ability to make decisions on the floor if needed with little input and communicate back to supervision as to why changes were made. This team member must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. Honesty, integrity, positive attitude, and an affinity for better self-development.
- Computer - PLC and Operator terminal programming, education and experience is highly preferred.
- Electrical - Have a basic understanding of electrical systems. Must be able to read schematic prints to aid in troubleshooting. Be able to size motor starters, thermal overloads circuit protectors; be able to trouble shoot AC and DC motors in operation; understand electronics and know how to use blueprints to troubleshoot electrical problems; understand circuit boards and photoelectric switching circuits; know and follow lockout / tagout procedures.
- Mechanical - Have basic experience in repairing and replacing conveyor belting; be able to troubleshoot and repair power transmission systems, i.e., chain and sprocket, gears, and pulley systems; experience in using hand tools properly and safely; have experience in using welding equipment and be able to weld stainless steel, iron and aluminum; have knowledge of lubrication and proper uses.
- Facilities - Have experience troubleshooting and repairing HVAC systems; have basic understanding of boiler systems and components such as chemicals used, injection pumps, condensate return systems; have understanding of utility systems such as air, gas, water, electrical; have knowledge of hydraulic systems and how to troubleshoot from blueprints.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required
EEO/ Drug Free Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.