Maintenance Technician (Multi-craft)
OMNOVA Solutions, Inc. - Akron, OH 44306
OMNOVA Solutions Inc., a major innovator of emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and decorative and functional surfaces seeks an experienced and team oriented multi-craft Maintenance Technician at our Akron Plant. With moderate supervision this person will be responsible for maintaining daily operation of the equipment, preventative maintenance on process equipment and facility systems, providing emergency repairs as needed. This position will be responsible for installation of new equipment and inspection and repair of existing equipment. The position will be required to work overtime as needed. The company offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage as well as a 401 (k) savings plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow safe work practices and support safety goals and objectives.
- Makes all necessary mechanical repairs on equipment, including replacement, repair and installation of sleeves, bearings gears, shafts, pins, etc.
- Piping installation and ability to determine correct materials for each service.
- Can read and understand piping specification and engineering drawings.
- Safe operation of industrial equipment such as forklifts, hoists, etc.
- Machinery repair and installation.
- Troubleshoot and repair steam systems.
- Pump repair and installation.
- Steel and sheet metal fabrication.
- Participate on the Emergency Response Team.
- Maintains and improves preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing 70 lbs. or more and/or frequent lift/carry 50 lbs. or more, employee must be able to work from all heights.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school or equivalent degree, Technical degree preferable.
- 2-5 years experience in maintenance manufacturing environment preferably in a chemical / production facility
- 2-5 years mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Capable of working in a high paced environment
- Able to handle up to fifty (50) pounds and physical dexterity to assemble polymerization reactors
- Working knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- Experience working in a HPWP
- Familiar with ISO-9001 and Process Safety Management
- Certified Welder - preferable
- Steam system experience preferable
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience is a plus
- Journeyman Card
The company offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long term disability coverage as well as a 401 (k) savings plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Maintenance Technician: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications: Journeyman Card, Certified Welder