Job Description for Maintenance Technician
Salary Range: $20.97/ hour
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Date: September 20, 2018
To satisfactorily complete all repairs, either major or minor to all SARTA vehicles and complete the essential functions without any supervision.
- Performs major or minor repairs.
- Conducts preventative maintenance and inspections on all SARTA vehicles.
- Conducts safety audits on vehicles.
- Knowledge of heavy duty gasoline, diesel engines; bus, truck, and car frames; and undercarriage components.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems/challenges and skill in solving problems.
This position oversees no direct reports.
This job operates in a shop environment often exposed to elements and weather.
Position Expected Hours of Work
- Monday-Friday: 3pm-11:30pm.
- Off Saturday and Sunday.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate all company vehicles.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License with Good Driving Record.
Beneficial Education and Experience
- Knowledge of CNG and Electric (Hydrogen) powered engines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA does not discriminate based on race, sex, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or age nor will it tolerate retaliation as protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. SARTA maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity plan as a guide to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine-free work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must submit an application online: www.sartaonline.com
Deadline for Submittal: October 7, 2018