Help us tell the incredible story of what God is doing throughout our growing family of ministries. As a key member of our small but dynamic marketing team, the Marketing &
Communications Specialist will use a diverse and creative skillset to help develop and deploy a marketing strategy that shows the powerful ways lives are being impacted in our various
programs. Target audiences include current/prospective donors, church leaders, business/community leaders, other agency & government leaders, volunteers, and the internal CCHO/Encompass/Encourage/Thrive community. Your work will directly contribute to the agency’s ability to best care for the at-risk, traumatized children in our residential program as well as the adults, children and families served in our other ministries.
All Agency staff are expected to focus on Quality improvement as a part of their job responsibilities, in an effort to make the Agency a safe and healing environment for clients and staff. This expectation includes, but is not limited to: teamwork, improving service delivery, fulfilling department goals, and other job-specific tasks that encourage excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a
consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and
Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christlike attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating
behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Job-specific essential functions include the following:
- Makes every effort to maintain a ‘team first’ spirit and atmosphere within the workplace
- environment – fostering and maintaining appropriate working relationships within the Marketing and Advancement teams, and with other Agency departments, as well.
- Work with program directors and staff to craft marketing messages for specific target audiences that are aligned with overall agency strategy.
- Create marketing and communication materials across all agency brands and programs. Projects include but are not limited to: designing print pieces (flyers/posters, postcards, event signage, newsletters, etc.); writing and/or editing content for print and digital projects (websites, email communications, social media, etc.); create graphics for digital projects; other projects as assigned by Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Update (including content, images, logos, etc.) existing marketing collateral.
- Assist with brand management and compliance, both internally and externally.
- Assist with website management by updating content, creating web graphics, evaluating Google Analytics, creating online forms, and helping to ensure all information and assets are compliant with internal and external regulations.
- Help manage CQI section of agency websites communicating results of inputs and outcomes as well as survey results to the various stakeholder groups.
- Help manage various online social media accounts and contribute to the development of the organization's social media strategy to help increase audience growth and engagement.
- Assist with A/B testing to evaluate effectiveness of digital communication methods withstakeholder groups
- Assure agency forms are formatted consistently and use proper logos across various departments.
- Help facilitate, track and log the ordering of print collateral, signage and other materials from online and local vendors, conducting price comparisons to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Special events – participate in occasional evening and weekend advancement events.
- Duties may include photography coverage and general event management/assistance.
- Attend trainings, meetings and conferences deemed beneficial for increasing knowledgeand/or skill level while also staying informed of industry trends.
Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing,
Communications, or one to two years related experience in design, marketing, public relations, or advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong graphic design ability across media channels (print/web/social) is required. Proven writing and communication skills a must.
LANGUAGE AND OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES: Web design & development experience a plus, particularly with Wordpress, HTML and CSS. Must be able to manage complex creative projects from start to finish. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, donors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Must be a good listener, effective communicator, fast learner and integrator of information; experienced working with a wide variety of personalities and work environments; and have strong ability to prioritize projects to effectively manage workload.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be experienced with and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Lightroom and Premiere a plus but not required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Must be able to navigate and utilize web-based applications with ease.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally be required to help lift and move materials for special events, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is mild.
Candidates must be 21 or older to apply. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintain a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable. Download application at https://www.ccho.org/wp-content/docs/ccho-employment-application.pdf and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include design portfolio and writing samples. EOE.