South Suburban Montessori School is currently seeking full time Preschool and Elementary Teaching Assistants to join our team in Brecksville, OH. In this position you will support the Lead Teacher in creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment that stimulates each child's curiosity and freedom to explore and choose according to the Montessori pedagogy.
South Suburban Montessori School is dedicated to providing an authentic Montessori education to children between 18 months and 14 years. Our values of compassion, authenticity, respect and excellence inspire our school's rich tradition of nurturing each child's natural love of learning. Founded in 1970, South Suburban is located just 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland in Brecksville's beautiful Blossom Hill Complex.
- Assist in maintaining a classroom environment and culture consistent with Montessori principles. Support the Lead Teacher in keeping each child engaged and discuss which child may need redirection, new lessons, and other assistance.
- Assure safety and security of all children during school hours of activities, rest and play (indoors and outdoors).
- Organize and maintain classroom materials to implement lessons. Adapt materials and information to the actual learners while assuring freedom of choice and appropriate levels of stimulation.
- Provide assistance in tutoring children individually, or in small groups; compile, record and review student assignments and progress.
- Attend board, parent, and/or staff meetings. Participate in special parent, student and community events as needed.
- Creative, analytical, planning, and teaching skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities within specified schedule and timeframes.
- In-depth communication skills: demonstrated ability to speak and write concisely and accurately; demonstrated ability to listen and process others' points of view.
- Basic computer proficiency with understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, parent/child matters, and school business.
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- At least one year experience teaching in a Montessori school preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.