Department: CHAMPS Group Purchasing
Reports To: Associate Vice President
Last Updated: 06.17
CHAMPS Group Purchasing leverages the purchasing power of 10,000+ member locations across the United States. CHAMPS members gain access to significant savings in product categories, including medical / surgical supplies, foodservice, IT, wireless, office supplies and facilities maintenance. Together with its national GPO partner Premier, CHAMPS supports member supply chain initiatives through their expertise in contract management, aggregation savings, supply chain technology, spend analytics and customized service. For more, visit champsgpo.com. CHAMPS is honored to be named as one of The Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Top Workplaces and to ERC’s NorthCoast 99 List.
CHAMPS Group Purchasing is seeking a National Account Manager for laboratories to share our core values of commitment, service and mutual respect to join our team. This position can be onsite (Cleveland, OH) or remote.
Under general supervision, the National Account Manager performs a wide range of activities associated with day to day operations, servicing of laboratory supply chain clients and overall development of our purchasing programs. Provide phone/email support and customer service, periodically making on-site visits to client facilities. Performs cost analyses and other functions in support of the overall program and services offered by CHAMPS Group Purchasing. The manager will be responsible for consulting and communicating with laboratory supply chain members on daily purchasing activities and GPO contract management.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for all customer service activity including consistent customer contact.
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external members, suppliers and peers.
- Provide member orientation and education on GPO basics to enhance program participation.
- Identify the needs of the customer, introduce and implement GPO contracts.
- Advise of customer issues and follow through the resolution.
- Provide and present data and analyses in a manner that is easily understood.
- Ongoing knowledge of available contracts and portfolios; introducing these to members.
- Prepare materials for and conduct client Business Reviews as needed.
- Strategic account planning with the CHAMPS National Accounts Team.
- Track, implement, manage, and present GPO contract savings.
- Develop and direct client campaigns for book of business.
- Maintain knowledge of GPO and laboratory industries.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be highly organized, demonstrate the ability to work within teams, and promote products and services of our company and its partners.
- Some travel involved.
Training and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a laboratory or hospital setting.
- Knowledge of the GPO industry and/or experience as a Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Buyer, Purchasing Agent, or Distribution Rep preferred.