The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (CCBDD) is seeking a full-time Nurse Floater to work with nursing teams to promote the health and safety of individuals with developmental disabilities across the life span in all environments where they live, work, learn and play. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assignment of a nursing caseload for direct and delegated nursing supports, based on nursing needs at a CCBDD program site and the operational needs of the Nursing Department.
- Provide on-going nursing assessment, screening and record keeping at a CCBDD program site or during a home visit; performance of self-medication assessment, creation of nursing care plan, and evaluation of nursing interventions, direct services for specialized procedures that are not delegable and consultation either on site or via telecommunication.
- Initiation of medical referrals as necessary and completion of ancillary referrals when assigned.
- Performance of delegated nursing duties as determined by the DODD and the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN) laws and rules as well as CCBDD policies and procedures. Duties include consultation, medication administration training, nursing task training, and completion of all necessary documentation.
- Gather information, write summaries of data collection, collaborate with Investigative agents and provide recommendations for non-protocol medical MUI’s.
- Consult with Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manager, administration, other disciplines, individuals, parents/guardians/caregivers, staff, nurses, physicians, dentists and other health care professionals and community agencies, as needed.
- Participate in interdisciplinary referrals and problem solving. Attend case conferences as needed.
- Maintain documentation, forms and logs pertaining to individual’s health care status including health care records and delegated nursing record.
- Performance of QA reviews per OAC5213:2-6-03. Additional QA reviews per 5123:2-6-07 may be assigned within limits of the contract.
Benefits Package: Outstanding benefits packages, paid leave time, paid holidays, retirement through Ohio PERS, and an outstanding work environment as part of a large multidisciplinary group of professionals. Work is days, Monday – Fridays. Generous salary range and so much more!