This position requires a license in social work - LSW.
Encompass Foster Care & Adoption services (a ministry of Christian Children's Home of Ohio) is seeking a part-time Foster Care Coordinator to coordinate and/or provide all foster care activities for our northern (Cleveland) region. This includes, but is not limited to, case management, communication, homestudies, family support, training, recruiting, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of relentless commitment, selflessness, and kindness.
Other essential functions of position include the following. Additional duties may be assigned:
- Communicates and interacts with Foster Children and Foster Parents based on the therapeutic needs and level of care for the children.
- On-call duties for inquiries and referrals for given region
- Coordinates with trainer to provide training for foster parents
- Collects, organizes and analyzes information about children and families through records, tests, interviews and professional sources, to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics, to provide appropriate therapeutic interventions in the client(s) best interest.
- Provides a wide range of CPST services to Foster Children including but not limited to coordinating and linking to resources, empowerment/skill building, providing advocacy and symptom monitoring.
- Coordinates with therapists to provide counseling for Foster Children and their families
- Assists individuals to understand and overcome social emotional and spiritual problems.
- Facilitates group sessions, individual sessions, and family sessions, including foster parent meetings.
- Participates in the development of foster parents through assessment of parenting skills.
- Facilitates and/or participates in wrap-around meetings and treatment team meetings.
- Attend reviews, court hearings and all other meetings concerning children on case load as supervisor sees necessary.
- Maintains consistent contact with care and treatment team members which may include juvenile court, children's services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
- Provides well-written documentation for clients children on case load to include the minimum of ISP’s, progress notes, and discharge summaries).
- Completes progress reports to referral sources when requested.
- Assists in transportation of children as needed.
- Responds to case record and peer review in the maintenance of clients' charts.
- Attends staff meetings, clinical supervision and small group supervision as required to support and give input in the client's best interest.
- May be asked to participate in pre-service training and/or ongoing training for the foster parents.
- May be asked to participate in recruitment activities for foster care and/or adoption as well as plan/participate in holiday and appreciation activities for region foster families
- Engages in on-going training and maintenance of licensure.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: License in Social Work (LSW) and Bachelor's degree in Social Work required; master's degree, strongly preferred. Two or more years experience working with youth and families strongly preferred. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable. Must maintain valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
Must be age 21 or better to be considered. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. Download application at https://www.ccho.org/wp-content/docs/ccho-employment-application.pdf and submit with resume to email@example.com. EOE.