Encompass Christian Counseling (a ministry of Christian Children's Home of Ohio) is seeking a part-time Receptionist for its Green/Uniontown location to answer telephones, greet clients and visitors to the office, collect payments as needed, process intakes, verify benefit information, schedule client appointments, reconcile weekly billing paperwork, track and inventory office supplies, maintain files and copy area, and other miscellaneous support duties. The PART-TIME position will be: Monday - Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions include the following:
- Answer and screen telephone calls from a multi-line system, and forward calls and messages to appropriate personnel.
- Greet scheduled and unscheduled visitors and/or clients and conduct to appropriate area or person.
- Maintain clinical schedules.
- Take payments for services (co-pays, payments, etc.).
- Gather and input new information from clients prior to sessions (i.e., new phone numbers, addresses and insurance).
- Process intakes including client and insurance/Medicaid information; coordinate all necessary paperwork.
- Verify benefits for insurance and Medicaid
- Data entry for all new client information in agency’s database/billing system.
- Create charts for new clients.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials and distribute as necessary.
- Compose and type routine correspondence. Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Maintain supplies, and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing procedures.
- Deposit money received from clients and submit deposit paperwork to corporate office.
- Read and route incoming mail. Prepare and deliver all incoming mail to appropriate places.
- Prepare lists, charts and paperwork for peer/case record review.
- Maintain cleanliness of office between scheduled cleanings
- Miscellaneous clerical support duties as needed.
This job requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years administrative experience and/or training is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.