Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
Compass Systems and Sales, LLC is seeking a Paint Technician who will work 2nd shift. This position is primarily responsible for applying coats of paint, varnish, or enamel to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of equipment and manufactured structures.
As a Paint Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Reading and understanding work orders
- Preparing surfaces for painting
- Selecting premixed paints, or mixing required portions of pigment, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors
- Painting surfaces with spray gun - utilizing electrostatic painting equipment
- Erecting scaffolding or setting up ladders to perform tasks above ground level
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Paint school or paint tech program certificate is preferred
- 2 or more years of related experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a certificate/degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to stand, bend, and move about the facility
- Understanding of basic divisible math for mixing paint
- Great attendance
- Desire and ability to work overtime
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Pass a required drug screen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- 9/80 Work week (every other Friday off)
Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer