The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a metal fabrication environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Review all production documentation going to floor making necessary changes.
- Plans and prepares all work for the operators.
- Maintain an organized and clean shop floor environment.
- Highlights Quality Control Issues. Assists shop floor subordinates with quality assurance support.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Manage department priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- An Associated degree in Business Management or related supervisory management, OR ten (10) years of experience in the operational management field.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and business professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity in metal forming processes.
- Learning Orientation.
- Proficiency in software: ERP Production software, MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook