Program Coordinator - After School Enrichment & Academic Mentoring Program
The Program Coordinator must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years student services experience. It is preferred that the coordinator have experience in teaching, peer tutoring, mentoring, and leadership.
To coordinate all activities involved with the safe and effective operation of an after school enrichment and academic program.
$18-20.00/hr based on education and experience.
Mondays through Thursdays from 2:45PM to 6:15PM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide students with activities that promote their physical and intellectual development.
- Utilize positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of all the students.
- Assist and monitor students and staff during program hours.
- Maintain accurate and up to date student, staff and after school program records.
Responsibilities to Tutor/Mentors
- Supervise tutors and provide learning tools for promoting a positive environment.
Responsibilities to Program Participants
- Establish a positive rapport with students that is conducive to learning.
- Discipline participants. Dismiss any program participant for improper conduct.
- Maintain tutoring files (class schedules, grades, remove and replace Tutorial Contact Sheets, supplies, forms, etc.).
- Schedule field trips and mentoring activities.