Job Description and Requirements:
Matalco (US), Inc., one of North America's largest aluminum billet manufacturers, is looking for candidates to fill the role of Purchaser for its plant in Canton, OH. This role will primarily be responsible for the the day to day purchasing of equipment and tracking inventory for the plant's production and maintenance departments.
- Must exhibit Matalco’s Core Values of Respect, Ethics, Service, Team and Pride
- Independent worker with proven ability and demonstrate leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- 3+ years of previous purchasing/inventory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of parts and equipment
- Good computer skills and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to travel on occasion to retrieve parts
Brief Overview of Responsibilities
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services
- Develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders
- Consult with suppliers
- Review quotations
- Determine contract terms and conditions
- Award contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules
- Monitor progress of delivery schedules
- Contact suppliers to resolve problems
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of manufacturing and maintenance materials, equipment, and stock.
- Compile inventory and usage reports - detailing the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and other stock on hand. Both manual and computerized inventory control and stocking methods may be used.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 3+ years of previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment. Candidate must be a team player along with the ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Matalco (US), Inc. offers competitive salary, benefits, 401k with company match and paid vacation.
Matalco (US), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.