Quality Control/Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Extrudex is actively seeking a reliable, experienced Quality Control Engineer who is a problem solver, has a strong customer-focused mindset, and has the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement. This hands-on position reports to the General Manager, and is responsible for managing and driving continuous improvement activities in a small job shop environment.
Extrudex has over 30 years of history and is a high quality producer of thermoplastic extrusion. We focus on extruding custom profiles, tubes, hose and rollers in addition to offering a variety of post extrusion services. We are dedicated to working closely with our customers in designing, developing and producing innovative, engineered components.
- Providing the leadership and direction necessary to reinforce the company’s growth through assurance of customer satisfaction with the quality of work performed on their parts and material.
- Reviewing the daily operations to ensure adherence to corporate quality standards and fulfillment of customer specifications as detailed by production orders and overall quality standards.
- Provide expertise and assistance in formulating, developing and implementing Quality control methodologies, in cooperation with the General Manager, Shift Supervisors and Operators.
Provide engineering services in the development of new products using autoCAD or other design software, in cooperation with our Tooling Engineer.
- Directly supervise the Quality Control Inspectors.
- Requires a four (4) year College Degree in one of the Physical Sciences, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Requires three (3) year’s experience as an Assistant Quality Control Supervisor, preferably in the plastic industry
- Must have advanced analytical and mathematical skills and statistical analysis abilities. Must be computer literate and have autoCAD, spreadsheet, and basic word processing skills.
- Must have a basic understanding of mechanical skills and the spatial ability to read and understand blue prints specifically as they apply to plastic extrusion.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lb.
- Must be able to work under time and budgetary pressures.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently. The ability
to speak Spanish is not required but is a definite plus.
Extrudex is a small, stable, and growing family owned company where everybody is important. We are located in Painesville, Ohio – convenient to Interstate 2.
This position provides a competitive compensation and benefits package combined with the opportunity to impact our fast moving, entrepreneurial and accountable culture. We are looking for candidates that are excited by the opportunity to serve our customers and become a part of our team!
We are an EOE with a Drug Free Workplace. If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online. No phone calls please.
Please send your resume to Apply Now Button.