ABOUT COMPASS SYSTEMS:
Compass Systems is the world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide Segregation Capabilities for the various Alloys of Aluminum Scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
You can trust Compass to point the way to the most efficient solution.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Identification, qualification and development of High Potential Account relationships in Target Industries, within your assigned region
- Development and implementation of a Strategic Action Plan for the profitable sales growth.
- Produce monthly sales results to defined performance targets for annual sales objectives
- Promote the full line of Compass products.
- Commitment to the development of solid personal relationships at all key levels of the prospect/customer account, as a result of, regular on-site meetings with impact and value as part of the SAP.
- Use and integration of the Compass Team (engineering; mechanical & electrical, service and executive management) in pre-sale and post-sale customer meetings and activities as needed.
- Lead the qualification, estimating-quoting-sales order process and hand-off for project kickoff
- Lead the hand-off of the project to the Engineering Department PM team for project Kick-off
- Provide professional and timely communication with Prospects, Customers and the Compass Team
- Submit required reports complete and on time.
- Commitment to principle based behavior, at all times, with a foundation of honesty and integrity in all areas where you represent Compass Systems.
- Significant travel will be required. Most travel by car within the assigned region.
- Lead the negotiation process on projects
- Conduct quarterly account reviews with prospects and customers
- Proactively identify potential improvement areas for products or operations within Compass Systems.
- Manage and resolve internal/external customer escalations with invoicing, billing
- Establish and support cross functional communication with internal teams
This job will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Min. 2 Year Mechanical Engineering Degree & 5+ years of related industry experience in Capital Equipment Sales to Automotive OEM/ TIER Suppliers / Industrial
- Solid track record of successful profitable sales performance to plan within defined region.
- Proven development of High Potential Accounts with sales projects from $500K to over $10M
- Results focused and actions oriented- with positive attitude – sense of urgency
- Commitment to the process of HPA development/ Objectives, Targets and Activities – Consistent progress
- Organized, attention to detail, excellent soft skills
- Ability to motivate others, to support your efforts in the field to close business, deliver on our commitments and keep customers happy
- Self-starter- High Energy- optimistic – passion for being on time and keeping promises.
- Planning, organizing and managing resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability / flexibility to be part of the team
- Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change; show resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, adversities or stress
- Strong Customer contact relationship skills, ability to build trust, deliver solid presentations and general great communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Sales CRM tools
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
Regions we are looking to add personnel working out of their HOME office:
REGION 2 ILLINOIS, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, IOWA, MISSOURI
REGION 3 TN, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, FL
Provide a resume with your qualifications and past compensation history.
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?