Job Title: Route Driver and Salesman
Reports To: Route Manager
Location: Van Wert, Ohio
Motivated truck driver responsible for the preparation, packaging, and delivery of cleaning chemicals and other consumables for use in dairy equipment. Additional responsibilities include customer interfacing, supplier interfacing,and selling Hill’s Supply Inc. parts and services when possible and appropriate. The position does have the potential to be strongly sales driven in addition to making the required deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Truck driver working mostly individually and sometimeson a team delivering chemicals and other consumables to dairy farms
- Responsible for the packaging and preparation of chemicals
- Responsible for being knowledgeable on the product line and making recommendations to solve customer problems and increase sales
- Ability to sale consumable products as well as provide leads for capital sales
- Maintains accurate, easy to read records of work performed
- Maintains safe work habits and a clean work area
- Maintains and cares for all tools, machines, equipment, and vehicles
- Attends technical trainings as needed
- Works under some supervision with work checked periodically with an expectation of minimal error rates
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Commercial Drivers License with Hazardous Materials endorsement required. Candidate may be considered without a CDL and/or HAZMAT endorsement, assuming candidate meets other qualifications and can obtain CDL and HAZMAT quickly.
- Experience with driving truck and making deliveries
- Experience with dairy milking equipment or farming
- Experience in sales