With direction, guidance, and training, a Sales Account Manager Trainee (SAT) is responsible for selling transportation brokerage services by developing relationships with existing, new and potential customers. Initiates and monitors completion of contract, transportation service, and customer follow up. The role develops a working knowledge on the carrier / operations end of the brokerage business. This entry-level position generally consists of a twelve month training period.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
1. Selling / Customer Service - Applies learned sales methodology (prospecting / lead generation to sales closing) to build a portfolio of business from existing and potential customers. Expands and enhances the customer relationship. Responsible for problem solving, addressing concerns and implementing solutions for customers.
2. Pricing and quote determination – May work with others (leaders or more experienced team members) to evaluates customer needs and ensures the sales opportunities meet or exceed establish levels of profitability. Determines margins on the shipment while working with the Regional Operations Coordinator on pricing. Maximizes profits while maintaining customer relationships. Understands carrier costs and rates.
3. Contract completion and monitoring - Promotes customer loyalty by facilitating the administrative processes related to contract approval and completion. Enters and ensures customer information is accurate in the appropriate systems. Responsible for customer communications. Assist more experienced team members to do the same.
4. Sales and payment follow up - Responsible for partnering with team members to insure timely payment of invoices. Contacts customer to obtain additional information or resolve potential invoice discrepancies. Works directly with the customer to expedite payment.
5. Teamwork - Partner with team members to insure customer needs are met and develops a partnership with the Regional Operations Coordinator. May handle business and accounts with others as needed.
6. Performs other job duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if…
- Working knowledge of computer software applications (MS Office suite).
- Environment requires detail oriented approach and multi tasking ability.
- General understanding of transportation industry helpful.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred