This entry level sales position manages accounts and not people. The Sales Account Manager is responsible for selling transportation brokerage services by to existing and potential customers. This role executes work including but not limited to identifying prospects, cold calling, cultivating relationships, servicing all customer needs, initiating and monitoring the completion of all customer contracts, requesting for proposal and bids.
This role will partner with the Regional Operations Coordinators to communicate to ensure operations has the necessary information to execute customer’s requests.
1. Responsible for building a portfolio of qualified customers.
2. Acts as the point of contact for the customer regarding any inquiry related to the management and movement of shipments.
3. Responsible for problem solving, addressing concerns and implementing solutions for customers.
4. Collaborates with the Regional Operations Coordinator to facilitate the administrative process related to the approval and completion of contracts, requests for proposals and bids.
5. Partners with other team members to ensure the correct and timely payment of invoices.
6. Contacts customer to obtain the necessary information to resolve discrepancies and works with customer when necessary to expedite payment.
7. Partners with the Regional Operations Coordinator to ensure that customer needs are met through the operational execution of the loads.
8. Adheres to all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
0-1 year experience required
2-5 years’ experience in sales or related area preferred.