Kimble Company is looking for a Scalehouse Attendant to work out of our Dover, OH location.
Kimble Company is based in Dover, Ohio, and provides clean and safe fuel to a broad base of satisfied customers. Kimble is a major supplier of coal to users throughout Ohio. Kimble Clay and Limestone, a State of Ohio qualified aggregate supplier, operates mining sites using advanced, high production processing equipment for enhanced quality, consistency and availability. Kimble Clay and Limestone supplies a full array of crushed limestone and clay products for commercial and retail markets. We also provide sandstone, landscaping stone, agricultural lime, mulch, topsoil and cinders.
The Scalehouse Attendant position is responsible for attending truck scales, determining volumes and weight of loads, collecting gate fees, maintaining accounting records, and acting as a resource to truck and vehicle operators as well as the public. This position performs a variety of operational, recordkeeping, and clerical tasks within clearly defined guidelines and established procedures. The scope of work extends to other waste management services operations at the landfill, transfer stations, well sites, and recycling facilities.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Attend scales that weigh and record recycling loads, solid waste loads, both inbound and outbound. Generate scale tickets for all inbound / outbound loads and enter various designated information into database (PC Scales, Tower).
- Determine proper disposal fees based on defined formulas and other established criteria
- Provide positive customer service by answering a variety of questions and complaints from the drivers and public concerning disposal/recycling processes; direct customers to appropriate location/resources based on requests; direct trucks and vehicles to appropriate unloading/processing areas.
- Enter and retrieve data and prepares reports from an on-line and/or personal computer system (PC Scales, Tower) following established formats; review computer-produced reports for accuracy and corrects as required.
- Type/word process a wide variety of materials, correspondence, memoranda, and/or reports including numerical calculations and spreadsheets, notes, and/or brief instructions utilizing Word, Excel and/or other designated software products as specified.
- Operate standard office equipment; performs such administrative support activities as opening and distributing mail, processing outgoing mail, filing, and other document recordkeeping functions.
- Observe and inform truck drivers/contractors/public on all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Previous experience working in a fast pace trucking or scale operation
- Skill in utilizing Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic accounting, recordkeeping, cash handling principles and practices
- Skill in establishing effective working relationships with contractors, contractual personnel, and the public.
- Possess excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to perform recordkeeping functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certificates or coursework preferred but not required.
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military status or genetic information.