Scrap Metal Production Manager
Kimble Companies is growing and we are in need of a supervisor to coordinate and manage a team of cutting equipment operators out of our Dover location. This is a new position that will be in charge of our scrap cutting project. We are looking for an energetic, upbeat and enthusiastic individual who has previous supervisory experience in the scrap industry.
You will need to have a working knowledge of the following:
- Will manage the team of cutting-equipment operators, so some operator experience will be necessary.
- Familiar with scrap magnets, Shears, grapples.
- Knowledge of metals, acceptable and unacceptable materials, scrap industry in general
- Responsible for meeting monthly scrap order quotas
- Coordinate job sites. Organize and sort all materials efficiently and cost effectively
- Knowledge of cutting torches and associated equipment
- Mechanical knowledge (cutting heavy equipment safely) also for removing salvageable parts without damage.
- Give regular status updates to his/her supervisor
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internal and external to the department both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to competently utilize a computer and use it effectively and it is an absolute must to be organized.
- Must be insurable with our Insurance Company and able to pass a background check.
- You will be required to lift up to 50 pounds and work outside inclement weather.
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, military status or genetic information.