Senior Regulatory Specialist
The Senior Regulatory Specialist will execute regulatory assignments as directed by the Regulatory Manager. The Senior Regulatory Specialist will have demonstrated previous expertise in nutritional labeling, formulations, certifications, and other regulatory responsibilities. This position will lead by example to help professionally develop the other regulatory specialists. The Senior Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for identifying areas for improvement (process, accuracy, compliance) and potential solutions and developing personal relationships with cross-functional partners.
Essential Job Duties
The Senior Regulatory Specialist is responsible for executing regulatory tasks, enhancing regulatory expertise, and delivering exemplary collaboration with other departments and functions.
Execute Regulatory Tasks
- Accurate and timely completion of nutrition fact panels and ingredient statements utilizing ESHA’s Genesis software.
- Thorough and timely film compliance reviews in keeping with FDA and USDA regulations.
- Assist the Regulatory Manager to maintain specialized certifications, including but not limited to Kosher, Halal, nonGMO, Gluten Free, Organic, and Whole Grain Council. Includes defining and documenting programs and working with plant QA teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Respond to consumer inquires/complaints as assigned by the Regulatory Manager.
- Assist with International Regulatory Tasks. Includes such tasks as supporting 3rd. party consultants and supplying country specific documents as needed.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision from the Regulatory Manager. Able to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Assist the Regulatory Manager in maintaining departmental compliance with all legislative regulations and company policies
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regulatory Manager
Enhance Regulatory Expertise
- Train and provide support to Regulatory Specialists
- Work with manager to develop their professional growth and development plan.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities (webinar, seminars, or workshops)
Deliver Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build relationships across other functional partners to assure positive work place
- Effectively communicate regulatory reasoning and appropriate recommendations on regulatory positions to QA, Product Development, and Sales partners
- Lead and participate in special projects and team meetings across the organization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with ESHA – Genesis (or other) nutritional program software.
- Experience with HACCP and GFSI systems is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry or other related field is required.
- Previous 3-5 years’ experience in FDA regulatory labeling compliance.
- Background in regulatory, quality, and/or research & development within the food & beverage industry
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation