This position falls under the Administrative Department but works closely with various manufacturing teams. The Shipping Coordinator supports the sales and manufacturing teams by coordinating freight requirements to support customer needs.
- Position reports to the CFO and works closely with the Production Planner, Quality Control Inspector, Receiving and Shipping dock Personnel and Shop Floor Supervisors.
- Supports the sales team by providing freight estimates and advising of transportation durations.
- Prepares paper work for shipments by gathering and reviewing Shop Travelers, Purchase Orders, proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Creates all shipping documentation for each shipment.
- Gathers Quality Documentation to be included with shipments.
- Identifies freight cost and scheduling requirements by soliciting proposals from potential carriers.
- Negotiates rates with carriers to obtain best pricing and services based on volume of work.
- Dispatches Company truck as need to support pick-ups and deliveries for Purchasing and Sales activities.
- Researches free trade agreements, export screening and restrictions to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk.
- Maintains records of shipping activity by maintaining data logs and updating ERP system.
- Denotes shipments as partial or complete and updates paperwork and ERP system accordingly.
- Experience in the areas of shipping, coordination, negotiation, and communication.
- Results oriented problem solving skills.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize requirements.
- Communication proficiency both written and verbal.
- Drive for continuous learning in the field of exporting and compliance.
- Proficiency in software: ERP Systems, MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exporting/Compliance experience (Restricted Companies, Restricted Countries, Incoterms, Trade terms, NAFTA Calculation, etcetera)
- Familiarity with D.O.T. requirements.
- Familiar with Customs Documentation (Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Shippers Letter of Intent)
- Familiar with the Automated Export System (AES) and licensing.
- Familiar with Mill Test Reports