Social Worker – Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide assessment, case management, discharge planning, counseling, and psycho-educational services to all assigned inpatients and outpatients as referred by care coordinators, physicians, nursing or management ensuring care delivery in a quality time sensitive manner.
- Spends at least 80% of work time performing social services for all assigned patients. (including but not limited to: issues of abuse (adult or child), psychiatric issues, adoptions, unusual maternity issues, financial assistance, DNR, end of life, homeless)
- Provides ongoing assessment, including gathering comprehensive information to use in developing interventions and treatment strategies while involving patients, families and interdisciplinary team members for all assigned patients.
- A social worker may also be assigned to the Emergency Department to develop Social Service Treatment Plans for patients identified by Emergency Department physicians. This plan will incorporate case management that will optimize client functioning by facilitating collaboration among providers to address the client’s biomedical and psychosocial needs to better provide efficient, appropriate and beneficial healthcare settings.
- Notifies other service providers of changes in the patient's condition or plan of care.
- Communicates with the physician in a timely manner when significant changes in patient condition are identified.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
1. Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
2. Valid Social Work license from the State of Ohio.
3. 1-2 years Social Work experience.
4. Crisis intervention, assessment, case management and discharge planning skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
6. Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
7. Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
8. Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
9. Computer experience required.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.