Position summary: The Software developer will plan, develop, test and document computer programs, using the standards and techniques in place at The M. K. Morse Company.
Purpose: Work with all aspects of computer automation to further M.K. Morse’s competitive edge. Position will be heavily involved in maintaining and developing .net applications for manufacturing and business uses.
- Should always represent The M. K. Morse Company in a professional manner
- Develop web apps and web services in primarily .NET stack
- Develop back office and B2B support applications
- Diagnose and resolve errors in existing programs
- Analyze, review and alter programs to increase operating efficiencies or adapt to new requirements
- Assist users with problem resolution and train as required
- Required tomaintain and support applications developed by The M. K. Morse Company and applications developed by outside resources
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in software development.
- Experience or knowledge with the following software:
Web technologies / toolkits (jQuery, Bootstrap, .NET packages, etc.)
SQL, SQL Server
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience with manufacturing applications
- Considerable knowledge of a wide variety of application programs
- Knowledge of training methods, techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of current computer programming and analysis, technological developments and techniques
- Ability to assess, defines, and provide for the training needs of others
- Ability to evaluate effectively automated systems hardware and software
- Ability to identify and diagnose problems related to software and to find effective solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to establish andmaintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, contractors and the general public
- Must be well organized and possess strong work ethic
- Must have a high energy level and be a self starter
Education Requirements: College degree preferred.