This is your opportunity to be a part of an established and successful Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgical Intervention Center as the Facility's Administrator.
Our mission is to consistently deliver a premier outpatient experience in an atmosphere that promotes patient safety, patient satisfaction and quality outcomes. We strive to be the preferred provider of orthopaedic and pain management services in our region.”
JOB TITLE: Ambulatory Surgery Center Administrator
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the successful management and operation of Surgical Center. Provide physicians with all the resources and services necessary to meet the needs of patients and meet the financial objectives of the practice and group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Develops proper clinical procedures that ensure patient safety, comfort, and quality.
2. Develops appropriate admission and discharge procedures and assures that pre-admission criteria are appropriately met.
3. Researches and prepares cost reduction proposals and implements them as applicable.
4. Evaluates ongoing patient care and reports significant patient problems to appropriate team members.
5. Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure personnel policy development and communication to staff to achieve consistency in labor and employee relations.
6. Serves as resource and role model for staff.
7. Plans, evaluates, recommends and implements new initiatives when appropriate.
8. Selects and hires employees according to established guidelines. Monitors, coaches, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards.
9. Assures compliance with all Clinic policies and procedures and governmental regulations pertaining to: · Controlled substances and legend drugs, including sample medications. · Infection control. · Patient confidentiality. · CPR, ACLS, safety and risk management in collaboration with Clinic Safety Coordinator and HR. · Quality improvement and quality assurance. · Emergency codes and evacuation · Professional licensure · DOH, Medicare AAAHC, MQC and all other voluntary and regulatory requirements.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, employees, managers, and physicians.
11. Assists with the development of patient education material.
12. Supports and promotes a positive image of the Surgery Center when dealing with patients and others inside and outside the organization.
13. Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, preferably with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or other related field.
1. Current State of Ohio Nursing License.
2. CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
1. Minimum five (5) years nursing management experience, preferably in an operating room setting.
2. Experience obtaining and maintaining Medicare certification through AAAHC.
3. Managed or implemented electronic health records in an ASC setting.
1. Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
3. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
4. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
5. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and physicians.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic and/or OR environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Response to qualified applicants only.
Resumes accepted via StarkJobs.com or HR@omniorthopaedics.com
4760 Belpar St.
Canton, Ohio 44718