Talent and Organizational Development Manager
With $1.4 billion in revenue, and 5,300 employees, Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Because of the unique business model and value proposition, Shearer’s Snacks has very few competitors that match its total portfolio of capabilities. Both the snacks category in which Shearer’s competes and the private-label business are high-growth in comparison to many food companies.
The Manager of Talent and Organizational Development is an integral part of Senior Management that provides organizational leadership in the design, delivery, and management of the Training and Development function for Shearer’s Snacks. This role is a specialist who has experience in developing impactful Leadership Development programs and solutions. The role requires expertise in leadership and management competencies combined with an ability to design and deploy world-class solutions across geographical boundaries. The Leader will report to the VP of HR.
What to expect in this role:
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively identify training needs through needs assessments, presenting recommendations and developing learning and performance solutions to address performance gaps.
- Consultation. Identify and assess the capabilities required for our front-line leaders to be successful and establish a baseline of capability and develop a targeted leadership development for front-line leaders.
- Design of in-house, and with expert third parties, solutions which included a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, action learning, and e-learning.
- Program delivery and management. Develop deployment plan and all associated change management and communications. Ensure delivery of program in line with business expectations and agreed milestones. Establish facilitator network, including defining and maintaining facilitator quality frameworks.
- Reporting and analysis. Develop an evaluation strategy for each learning program and partner with HR and Operations to provide timely, meaningful and accurate reporting on learning effectiveness, individual and business performance. Analyze data to identify capability gaps. Provide regular monitoring, analysis and reporting of budget and spend.
What you will need:
- Bachelors Degree (HR, L&D, Business), or equivalent work experience
- Curriculum design and development is a plus, must have deep expertise in performance management, leadership development, talent calibration and succession planning.
- Must be a dynamic speaker, who is able to deliver programs from small groups to hundreds of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage, plan, and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical acumen, strategic mindset and an ability to move forward with ambiguous information.
- Training development, instructional design and facilitation experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice.
- 25% travel will be required.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation