At Delco, we bring more than 40 years of experience in project management, engineering services and product development in the design and manufacture of precision components and assemblies. Delco is proud to support the aerospace, energy, military and armor, heavy truck and automotive, oil and gas, plastics, biopharmaceutical, and medical markets.
Delco is looking for a Tool Room Machinist for day shift. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to help modernize our tool room strategy and equipment over the next few years.
Essential Job Functions:
Ensure the tool room and machines are clean and maintained and in good working order
Ensure tool room machines safety equipment is working properly at all times
Produce high quality products to print as required in a timely manner
Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated
Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
Must be able to work with engineers, production personnel, programmers, and others to resolve machining or assembly problems
Maintain a high degree of quality and safety
Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions within recognized procedures
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to set up and operate all basic manual tool room equipment such as Lathes, (cut threads), Bridgeport mills, drill press, surface grinders, etc…
- Ability to read and interpret basic to complex machining prints (English and metric).
- Ability to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished workpiece
- Ability to measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining
- Must understand geometric tolerance
- Must have own tools
- No CNC experience necessary, but is a plus if known
- The ability to use welding equipment to cut or weld parts is not required but preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and reach occasionally
- High level of energy, motivation, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
Competitive hourly wage; Benefit package and 401k Plan offered after successful completion of 60-day probationary period. EOE