Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
The Warehouse Supervisor for the Massillon, OH, Millennium Plant provides leadership and direction in the implementation of warehouse operations and inventory management as we strive toward excellent levels of customer service and efficiency. The Warehouse Supervisor, is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating all warehouse production and systemic functions of their respective shift, including direct responsibility for shift team members. This position reports to the Millennium Warehouse Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working directly with the SCM, this position will have responsibility of development, progress and stability of warehouse operations across all shifts
- Develop and execute standard operating procedures, including full utilization of a warehouse management system
- Ensure products, parts or supplies are shipped, distributed or received in an efficient manner
- Lead warehouse personnel on proper storage and distribution activities
- Manage inventory of materials, parts and finished goods to maintain required supply
- Maintain records, replenishes stock and plans for future requirements based on orders, production schedules and forecast
- Evaluate daily inventory on hand, count items received or shipped and checks against packing lists recording any discrepancies
- Prepare and review distribution documents
- Oversee the loading, unloading, movement or storage items according to delivery or routing documents
- Operates a forklift to load and unload, move or stack product
- Communicate with drivers in transit or customers about status of freight
- Provides leadership and training for efficient, maximum utilization of available resources
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and records on a timely basis
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the corporate safety program for the respective shift
- Maintains responsibility for overall security and general welfare of the plant during the respective shift
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree with 4+ years of experience – or - Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or Business Administration; or 2+ years related experience in manufacturing environment and/or training in distribution and/or logistics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Knowledge of P.C.'s and latest software is required
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them
- Flexible to work various shifts including possible weekend hours as needed to meet business needs
- Prior associate management and leadership experience required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Previous Red Prairie and/or WMS) experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the Warehouse Supervisor is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Supervisor must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team:
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Group Life and Disability, Retirement Savings, and a commitment to wellness.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.