An Akron based 3PL, a branch of a multi state organization, is a growing network of 3PL companies that provide quality supply chain logistics and transportation services, operating over 7.5 million square feet of public and contract warehouse space in 42 facilities across seven states. Our warehouses specialize in food grade storage and handling, polymers, plastics, chemicals and customized packaging and fulfillment services. Warehouses are located in Michigan down to Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida. Our warehouse locations, in-house transportation and brokerage services, company owned fleet of trucks and experienced supply chain team give us the leverage to provide efficient, reliable supply chain services.
We are looking for a supervisor to direct and manage warehouse professionals to achieve timely delivery and receipt of products and to motivate employees.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage and direct the daily activities of coordinators, laborers, warehouse, and office personnel, where appropriate.
- Supervise and support the loading/unloading of all trucks and packaging operations.
- Manage and model the safety culture and strive for 100% compliance concerning safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain and control warehouse inventory. Reconcile any inventory variances.
- Work to execute all planned programs with management.
- Train and supervise warehouse personnel.
- Direct the daily housekeeping and maintenance of warehouse facility and grounds.
- Maintain and manage warehouse cost controls.
- Effectively communicate with external customers.
- Other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening