Job Purpose: Supports the warehouse operation by manageing, cutting, preparing, and tracking various types, sizes and put-ups of wire and cable necessary to accurately fulfill customer requests and orders for delivery of wire and cable for their daily job and stock needs on a timely basis. Must have valid driver's license to apply!
- Put away all required wire and cable stock received in appropriate racks or shelves as necessary; ask if you need help.
- Load racks with master reels of wire and cable to fulfill all types and sizes necessary for daily needs and requirements
- Cut stock wire as necessary to meet customer order requirements.
- Calibrate, oversee and maintain the servicing of all wire machines and equipment
- Mark, track, and label all reels, re-wound reels, parallel reels and coil cuts as required by Company "Wire Procedures and Forms"
- Must think quickly through what needs to be done and how best it can be done with the available equipment and resources; Observe, analyze, act
- Be able to certified to operate and drive fork lift(s) at warehouse.
- Communicate with Purchasing Department and/or Wire Buyer to determine and manage quantities and types of sku's necessary for customer wire needs
- Coordinate and Cooperate with inside, outside and counter salesmen for specific wire cuts or needs per customer requirements
- Perform other duties as requested by the Warehouse Manager including pulling tickets, putting away stock, helping the counter and other general warehouse duties
- Maintain a neat, organized and orderly work area
- Keep Cell phone and other distractions to a minimum; e.g. once in the AM and once in the PM only for brief necessary personal calls of 5 minutes maximum
- Be aware and cognizant of safety first to ensure a safe working environment
This position will require frequent:
- Reaching Above
- Some Warehouse and Shipping Experience beneficial
- Ability to effectively organize. Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication abilities helpful