Develop, retain and grow the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Greater Stark County’s work. Maintain and continuously develop relationships with key constituents at various levels within an assigned account portfolio. Responsible for managing workplace accounts, including the development and implementation of all related strategies, assist volunteers in the planning and implementation of all campaign activities and maintain up to date database records for assigned accounts – all to achieve campaign success.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following strengths:
1. Ability to drive revenue
2. Strategic relationship building
3. Effective and engaging communicator
4. Embraces and manages change
Reports directly to Assistant Director of Resource Development.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
As a small team based organization, United Way associates are expected to work in a fluid and flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every associate. To this point, associates must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks within several areas of the organization. In addition, all associates interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way associates demonstrate a professional appearance, exemplary inter-personal skills and the highest ethical standards.
Assist with Affinity groups as needed.
1. Achieve established organization financial goals for assigned accounts and donors through annual campaign and account management efforts
• Achieve annual goals for number of donor calls and visits
• Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way relationships, commitment and workplace campaign support. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UW opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, grants, sponsorships, etc.)
• Lead volunteers in the development of strategies including goal setting, volunteer selection, etc.
• Oversees the training of all campaign related volunteers with whom you work
• Maintain accurate account records in database
• Continuously cultivate new workplace giving prospects
• Analyze campaign potential and results for assigned accounts in order to develop market segments that will determine each account’s relationship and financial goals. Leverage segmentation data to provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service.
• Assist campaign team members with coverage of rallies, events and other work, as deemed necessary
• Coverage of appropriate after hours work events such as rallies, chamber events, UW events, etc.
• All other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Assistant Director of Resource Development
• All other duties as assigned
• Achievement of annual campaign goal
• Number of touches per account
• Number of new accounts secured
• Volunteer and Workplace Account satisfaction
• Ability to motivate and lead others
• A team player
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a related business area or equivalent experience
• One to three years of fundraising or sales experience preferred
• Organizational and interpersonal skills are critical to this position
• A demonstrated keen sense of relationship building is needed
• Must be computer proficient and detail oriented
• Effective time management and ability to multitask
• Possesses exceptional customer service skills and a friendly demeanor
• Proven track record of dependable attendance
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
• Ability to sit for seven hours a day