Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking several energetic, self-motivated individuals with a “can do” attitude to intern with our fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with maintaining the daily treasury forecast model to provide management with accurate and timely cash reporting.
• Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies, including collaboration with accounts receivable and accounts payable clerks.
• Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, research and completion of inventory credits and accounting for inventory.
• Perform corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, and other tasks to support the team.
• Prepare audit support including work papers and supporting schedules for the external auditors relating to revenue selections.
• Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work-product is required.
• Assist with administrative duties to support the payroll and accounting teams.
• Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work and meet expectations and deadlines while demonstrating attention to detail.
• Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
• Participate in continuous improvement processes as assigned.
• Accounting/finance or business major with a current GPA of 3.2 or above.
• Basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
• Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented and task-focused outlook.
• Working knowledge of Excel.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To learn more, please apply with on our website with your resume/education.
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes