The Continuous Improvement (CI) Lead is a member of the corporate CI team. They lead the CI support structure for three to four sites in building and sustaining the plant’s TPM/High Performing Work culture. The CI Lead reports directly to the CI Director and receives guidance from corporate Center of Excellence and VP of Operations.
Ensures quality of execution as per Best In Class/World Class (BIC/WC) standards and sustainability of results through defining, training and implementing solid processes (as defined by Shearer’s). Ensures a disciplined system is in place for loss identification, elimination and prevention connected to Productivity Targets for their sites.
The Continuous Improvement Lead is a power user and teacher of improvement tools focused on optimizing manufacturing performance (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale). The CI Lead is responsible for transferring skills and building capability in the CI Managers and conversion teams, ensuring improvements are sustained, consistent with TPM principles and work processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Continuous Improvement Lead coaches and leads the continuous improvement mindset; creating a learning organization and zero loss mindset by engaging plants in creating a high performing work culture.
Facilitates/Trains/Coaches the following:
- The creation of CI site master plan; CI work processes at site-wide level (such as Kaizen, productivity cycle, RCA, etc.).
- Implement Health Checks to ensure the work processes consistently and effectively, deliver business results.
- Zero Loss Tree management of the whole site: leverage loss elimination through facilitating annual loss analysis; establish loss capture and tracking system in order to achieve productivity targets.
- Performance metrics, TEEP and OEE loss structure. Analysis and reduction of planned and unplanned losses.
- Problem solving capability building in organization such as Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, SMED and Six Sigma skills; develop methodology, perform training, coaching and assessment, in collaboration with HR, Training and other functions.
- Replication of Manufacturing Exellence to other lines in the sites (centerlinging; SOPs for ordering, receiving, processing, seasoning, packaging; leader standard work).
- Optimization of Kaizen System to engage 100% of people in Kaizen activities. As a Lean Six Sigma expert, facilitates/coach Kaizen activities to eliminate complex losses in fields of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials to deliver productivities targets.
- Support other function leads to achieve their zero loss goals.
- Facilitate internal and external benchmarking and replication activities.
Leads and Develops Team Members & Peers
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization through both oral and written means
- Guides and mentors employees involved in focused improvement activities
- Coaches team members on a daily basis in the principles of effective continuous improvement activities
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams
- Coaches and develops the leadership team to build an engaged and high performing work culture
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing leadership role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Manufacturing Excellence/High Performance Work Systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with improvement methods and tools (TPM, DMAIC, L6S, RCA, 5W, Kaizen, SMED, VSM)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise (Skilled-advanced)
- Ability to coach peers and teams in executing complex programs (Skilled-advanced)
- Leadership Imperatives (Skilled-advanced)
- Action Oriented, Drive for Results (Skilled-advanced)
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Conflict Management (Skilled-advanced)
- Motivation Others, Building Effective Teams, Directing Others (Skilled-advanced)
- Organizational Agility (Skilled-advanced)
- Organized, Priority Setting, Managing and Measuring Work (Skilled-advanced)
- Timely Decision Making, Informing, Written Communications (Skilled-advanced)
- Excel, MS Office and Minitab (Skilled-advanced)
- Preferred certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding of Financials and Budgeting process (Skilled-advanced)
This position requires 50-70% of travel
Shearer’s Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation