Plant Manager – Aluminum Re-Melt
Our client is looking for a Plant Manager for their Aluminum Re-Melt operation in Canton, OH. Min. 10 years of strong collaborative plant leadership experience in the Aluminum Re-Melt industry. This is a highly automated plant. Candidate must be a team player along with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- 10 years previous management experience within the aluminum re-melt industry.
- 5+ years of experience with automated re-melt plant highly preferred.
- Leadership experience is essential for this role.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, mentoring and developing employees.
- Experience working in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player
- Must exhibit core values of Respect, Ethics, Service, Team and Pride
- Experience developing and implementing management systems and internal controls
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Travel: Occasional travel required to other plants
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or related field preferred
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Managing day-to-day EHS, Production, Maintenance, Customer Service, HR, Shipping & Receiving Operations.
- Developing strategic objectives and tracking systems for key metrics that affect plant EHS, productivity, operating costs, yield losses and product quality performance.
- Providing input to, and meeting, timelines for business planning, annual budgets, and variance reporting and forecasting outlook.
- Support overall growth of company via product and process development projects that are assigned to the plant or supply chain optimization initiatives.
- Foster an environment that prioritizes the safety and health of all employees above any other objectives.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all safety procedures and all environmental regulations and procedures that are required to preserve our license to operate.
- Responsible to set up all necessary procedures, systems and controls to satisfy internal and external stakeholders (as per IATF 16949 requirements)
- Coach and develop employees with ongoing Performance Management to build a unified team
- Develop and manage departmental policies and procedures and implement solutions to increase performance and efficiency within the plant
- Responsible for the accuracy and timely preparation of monthly reports for company as required.
- Direct Supervision of plant management team.
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained in all facets of their positions
- Ensures the safety of all employees and any visitors to the plant
- Achieve all quality and delivery requirements
Expectations and Goals
- Zero lost time injury incidents
- Year over year improvement in employee engagement and reduced turnover
- Year over year reduction in total cost of poor quality, demonstrating a waste reduction and a ‘do it right the first time’ mindset
- Year over year improvement in customer satisfaction
- Productivity improvements to offset cost increases
- Mobility and ability to travel to other company’s plants on an as required basis