|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
Powell’s mission, “Solving our Customers’ Toughest Problems”, is Powered by Safety®, and completed through Powell’s core values: Customer first, Respect for Our Employees, “Can-do” attitude, and Commitment to Improve. Powell is focused on enhancing the wellbeing of each employee – on and off the job. Come see what Powell is all about, and join our team of experts today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and adhere to all safety policies and practices to avoid safety incidents
- Learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure consistent production
- Ensure quality by following standard work/process instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality
- Ensure that work areas remain clean and well organized
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Constantly standing
- Frequently working from a ladder, and climbing up and down ladders.
- Constantly working overhead
- Constantly working in cramped quarters
- Install electrical devices (disconnects, lights, panel boards, transformers, battery chargers, lighting contactors, VFDs, etc.)
- Bend, run, and install conduit (EMT and Rigid)
- Install wireway
- Install cable tray
- Pull wire and large cable
- Cut, strip, crimp, and terminate wires
- Install wiring by following standard work/process instructions (NEC Manual)
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED and 1 year of relevant manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant manufacturing experience
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of air, hand, and power tools
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read a tape measure
- New hires will run through an 8 week training course and must be able to pass written and hands on tests covering topics listed under Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training class will be conducted on 1st shift regardless of what shift the individual is employed on.
- Employee is expected to meet or exceed established productivity run rates within 6 months of date of hire
- Ability to bend conduit on a GB Sidewinder style bender (EMT and Rigid)
- Experience installing cable tray
- Experience installing wire way
- Ability to crimp and terminate wires
- Ability to read drawings or blue prints
- Working knowledge of electricity, circuits, and functions of common components (panel boards, transformers, disconnects, terminal blocks, relays, lighting contactors, etc)
- Basic exposure to and awareness of NEC
From strategic locations across the world, Powell is focused to deliver superior value to its customers through a full range of differentiated IEC and ANSI products and services. This offering is designed to satisfy the discerning requirements of the global market, across all industry sectors. Powell’s equipment is used to safely and successfully power the operations of a diverse customer base:
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
- Mining and Metals
- Electric Utilities
- Traction Power
The Powell culture has and will always be founded through our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do it by transforming our visions into reality. Powell’s goal is to be the company our customers can call when it absolutely has to be done right and on time. Our custom engineered-to-order solutions are second to none in providing the value you need and expect.
The electrical power industry is amongst the most safety-conscious groups in the world. Powell's core philosophy, to be Powered by Safety®, ensures our products are designed to reinforce this position by bringing safety-related features to our customers. Powell knows and understands the concern of engineers, operators, maintenance technicians, employees, and suppliers. Compared to our peers, we deliver the most value by developing products and systems that function at the highest degree of safety while providing the ultimate in skilled operation and design.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability.
To request an accommodation, send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
To ensure a seamless application process please use any internet browser other than Internet Explorer to apply.