|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
Job Title: Accounting Intern Midvale location
Status: Hourly - Non-Exempt
Reports To: CFO
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Assist controller with assignments per his/her discretion.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles. Good PC skills. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements. Sales, USE, CAT, FET tax knowledge are a priority.
Minimum of a high school education and 1-2 years of accounting experience.
Individual should be outgoing, friendly, energetic, organized, and flexible. This individual should also be dependable with high work ethics and a positive attitude. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
Normal office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
*This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.