|Date Posted||January 21, 2022|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Approximately 20 hours per week
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to intern with the fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury Team.
- Assist with maintaining the daily treasury forecast model to provide management with accurate and timely cash reporting.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies, including collaboration with accounts receivable and accounts payable clerks.
- Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, research and completion of inventory credits and accounting for inventory.
- Perform corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, and other tasks to support the team.
- Prepare audit support including work papers and supporting schedules for the external auditors relating to revenue selections.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work product is required.
- Assist with administrative duties to support the payroll and accounting teams.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work and meet expectations and deadlines while demonstrating attention to detail.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- Accounting/finance or business major with a current GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with a detail oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.