|Date Posted||January 11, 2021|
**NOTICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE VACANCY**
POSITION: Accounting Supervisor
DUTIES (include but not limited to the following):
- Oversee all aspects of County Board accounting activity.
- Assist Director of Finance in the preparation of the annual agency budget and monitor revenue and expense activity.
- Assist Director of Finance in the preparation of the five year forecast.
- Assist Director of Finance in the preparation of the annual cost report.
- Maintain oversight of County Board property/inventory in accordance with the terms and conditions set out by the Auditor’s and Commissioner’s Office, and federal compliance requirements.
- Provide supervision for the Risk Manager and Contract Compliance Specialist, Budget Specialist, and Executive Assistant – Payroll and Accountant positions.
- Serve as grant coordinator for grants received by MCBDD, or in the capacity of fiscal agent in coordination with other vested parties. Provide Grant Administration oversight for all County Board grants and allocations. Track revenue and expenses and prepare reports as may be necessary.
- Develop financial information reports for the Board of Directors, Superintendent, Director of Finance, and other groups as may be required, including ODE and ODODD.
- Respond to external reviews of County Board finances through audits, cost reports, etc., and prepare appropriate reporting and accountability system as may be necessary to meet requirements.
- Responsible for banking functions necessary for the County Board’s fiscal operations.
- Responsible for County Board requirements for access to and use of MCBDD levy funds.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (include but not limited to the following):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred.)
- 5-10 years accounting experience, preferably in public funds accounting.
- Possess extensive knowledge in the area of Ohio Revised Code, Ohio Administrative Code, grants, contracting, governmental fund accounting.
- Project management skills and attention to detail.
- Possess demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and resolve problems in an active work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Team management and Leadership/Supervisory skills.
- Evidence of a valid driver’s license in state of residence, good driving record and full liability coverage on any vehicle used for transportation; ability to maintain insurability under Board vehicle/driver insurance plan.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with other individuals to resolve problems.
- Possess computer skills in various word processing and database management programs.
- BCI/FBI background clearance.
- Maintain all training requirements as per Board Policy and by Ohio DODD.
SALARY: $47,000 - $89,300
Excellent benefits package
This position involves working with children and/or adults who have developmental disabilities.
In addition to the requirements listed above, the following qualifications shall be considered in evaluating an applicant for possible employment for this position: an applicant’s varied work-experience; one’s training and/or education; and, one’s adaptability to work with children and/or adults with developmental disabilities.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
MAHONING COUNTY BOARD OF DD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER