Accounts Payable Clerk
|Date Posted||April 3, 2019|
|Skills||Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting software and other web-based software|
About us: Hartville Kitchen and Collectibles are a Tripadvisor top rated restaurant and gift shop and part of a campus of companies that has become a destination for customers from near and far. Our local, family owned company is a leader in the markets we serve and is full of people who work each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage our team members to excel and grow professionally.
About the position: With an eye for detail and a mind for figures, the Accounts Payable Clerk – Part-Time is a frontline detective who makes sure all the numbers add up. They do this by completing payments and controlling expenses through receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. He/she may also check the accuracy of records, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice / expense reports
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers.
- Scheduling and preparing checks.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Match order forms with invoices and records the necessary information.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field preferred or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting software, and other web-based software.
At Hartville Kitchen and Collectibles, we serve others as we would want to be served. If you want to join a team that works each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations, then please apply for this great opportunity.