|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a “can do” attitude to join a fast-paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Your seat at the table
- Matches invoices daily with internal purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances with appropriate approval.
- Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Enters accounts payable data into ERP daily via electronic data entry.
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
- Maintains receipts accrual report for assigned manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with month-end AP close procedures and reconciliations.
- Schedules payment of invoices using various payment methods including check, ACH, and ActivePay (credit card) as per the approved payment guidelines.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to complete assigned duties timely and accurately.
- Communicate appropriate information clearly and effectively to other team members, departments, and external parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen, learn and take ownership of tasks assigned and complete non-standard requests or projects with minimal supervision.
- Function efficiently in a team environment, working independently as well as alongside others to accomplish tasks.
- Apply learnings from experiences, coaching, and feedback to grow and develop.
What you bring to the table
- Associates degree in accounting or business required.
- Three to five years accounts payable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts payable procedures.
- PNC AP Advantage or AP Automated Cloud Computing experience a plus.
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy is required.
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.