|January 3, 2023
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks – everyday!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Your seat at the table
• Matches invoices daily with internal purchase orders and addresses any quantity or price variances with appropriate approval.
• Reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
• Enters accounts payable data into ERP daily via electronic data entry.
• Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of problems and inquiries.
• Maintains receipts accrual report for assigned business segment(s).
• Converts vendors to payments via credit card and maintains active vendors on the ActivePay program.
• Requests, sets up, and maintains corporate credit card accounts for the Shearer’s Corporate Card program.
• Prints and mails manual checks as approved by requestor and department manager.
• Performs miscellaneous ad hoc duties to support the business as assigned.
What you bring to the table
• Associates degree in accounting or business preferred or comparable experience.
• Three to five years accounts payable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of standard accounts payable policies, procedures and regulations.
• Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts payable procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements and other requests for payment.
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel required
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance, Scholarships, Leadership Training, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace:
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.