|Date Posted||December 6, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks – everyday!
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Your seat at the table
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be an integral member of our fast-paced Finance Department with responsibilities including supervision of the accounts payable department and efficient management of the accounts payable cycle processes and hands-on leadership including processing of vouchers and disbursements.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced team where independent thought and work-product is required, including special project requests as needed.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work, meet expectations and deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information.
- Supervise the accounts payable department including training in systems and processes, assigning and leveling workloads, evaluating performance, and resolving issues.
- Analyze and approve daily and weekly payment schedules for disbursement to vendors.
- Ensure early payment discounts are obtained and working capital measures are maintained.
- Review and adjust accrued accounts payable reports ensuring staff are meeting department guidelines.
- Lead preparation and reconciliation of monthly and annual closing of the accounts payable modules in support of financial reporting requirements.
- Support the Finance Department in providing senior management with accurate and timely accounts payable reports.
- Work with the Accounts Payable department to develop standard policy and operating procedures across all plants, including updated communication to changes in policies.
- Maintain vendor relationships through timely payments and excellent service in accordance with Company policy.
- Oversee vendor setup and maintenance, including investigation of vendor issues (issuing stop payments or adjustments) and negotiating/ resolving conflicts.
- Meet standard departmental compliance objectives
- Reports to Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting and Accounts Payable.
What you bring to the table
- Ability to manage staff in an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development and high performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Customer service focused for internal and external Organizational partners as well as external vendors
- Prior experience in accounts payable
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or suitable combination of education and work experience
- Ability to manage special projects, anticipate issues, and take initiative to reach positive resolution
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance, Scholarships, Leadership Training, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace:
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.