|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Accounts Receivable Analyst
Located in our Corporate Service Center in Massillon, OH & 95% Remote
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to intern with the fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury Team. This position can be 95% remote.
- Research and analyze assigned customer deductions for product shortages, damages, pricing discrepancies, customer incentives, or other deductions taken by customers and collaborate with customer service, distribution, and the sales team to resolve in a timely manner.
- Review/analyze assigned deductions into the deduction management tool in a timely manner including clearing batches in ERP upon proper approval.
- Reconcile and apply cash activities in the High Radius Cash Application module against daily banking.
- Research and assist with collection activities with focus on department goals for Days Sales Outstanding.
- Prepare invoices, reconciliations, and other accounting statements and reports.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to complete assigned duties timely and accurately.
- Communicate appropriate information clearly and effectively to other team members, departments, and external parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen, learn and take ownership of tasks assigned and complete non-standard requests or projects with minimal supervision.
- Function efficiently in a team environment, working independently as well as alongside others to accomplish tasks.
- Apply learnings from past experiences, coaching, and feedback to grow and develop.
What you bring to the table
- Associates degree in accounting or business required.
- Three to five years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment that also includes deduction analysis.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- High Radius Cash and Deduction Management Modules experience a plus.
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy is required.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!