|Date Posted||April 30, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Accounts Receivable - Collections Specialist
Your seat at the table
The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is an integral member of a fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury department with responsibilities including, but not limited to collections oversight of outstanding accounts receivable and all other aspects of collections, customer billing resolutions, reducing accounts receivable delinquency, and cash application.
- Review and monitor open accounts receivables and all applicable collection reports, ensuring customer terms are met in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Make daily outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolve customer billing problems to expedite customer payments.
- Setup sound repayment schedules to reduce/eliminate accounts receivable delinquency in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements and escalate collections activities when needed.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss/resolve them with customer service, sales and/or management as needed.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in order to remove obstacles to payment of delinquent accounts.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Maintain and update customer contact information.
- Match assigned cash receipts with customer invoices and enter cash receipts batches into ERP.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Reports to Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
What you bring to the table
- Associates degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Must have strong attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and a solid understanding of billing, collections and receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!