|Date Posted||March 29, 2023|
Accounting AP Clerk
This employee will report directly to the Accounting Manager and CFO at Eckinger Construction.
· Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
· Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
· Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
· Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
· Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
· Reports sales/use taxes by calculating requirements on invoices.
· Sends waiver requests to vendors and follows up to ensure receipt.
· Protects organization by keeping information confidential.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field a plus
· Previous accounts payable experience preferred
· Experience with sales tax reporting throughout U.S. and knowledge with Canada is a plus
· Experience with multi state business registrations
· Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
· Proficiency in ERP software – Sage 300 experience a plus
· Organized, thorough, and a strong attention to detail
· Background check and pre-employment drug screen required
· Competitive pay based on experience
· Medical, Dental, & Vision
· SEP profit share retirement
· Paid Vacation
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Respond with resumes with subject line: Sales Tax Accountant. Absolutely no phone calls or third party solicitation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 - $46,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Location: Main office (no remote available)