|August 23, 2019
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
This position requires development and support of information systems including in-house developed and vendor provided solutions. The Application Developer / Analyst works with the business to identify, scope, and develop new applications as well as support existing systems. Other responsibilities of a Application Developer / Analyst include writing reports, data mining to help with business issues, maintaining and comply with coding standards for Shearers Foods Inc. IT staff, research new technologies, development and support for new and existing technologies, and any other duties as requested.
Your seat at the table
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems
- Develop and support integration solutions for existing and new technologies
- Seeks opportunities to introduce new technologies to increase productivity, streamline processes, promote efficiencies, and increase quality
- Document, resolve, and/or escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
What you bring to the table
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or like technical field
- 3+ Years Application Development experience
- Analytical & Problem-solving skills
- Strong development and research abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Deep understanding and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 concepts including:
- SQL Language, SQL Server Integration Services, Data Transformation Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, light Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Reporting Services Design and Implementation
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!