Assistant Fund Development & Events Planner
|Date Posted||September 3, 2021|
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
Assistant Fund Development & Events Planner
Now more than ever, mental and behavioral health care for kids is needed in our community. Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health is looking to meet the growing demands by hiring full-time Assistant Fund Development & Events Planner
As a member of our team, you will help children, youth and families successfully meet life's challenges by offering the emotional and behavioral health support they need. We are a collaborative network of child therapists, psychiatrists, PMHNPs, case managers, school staff, community partners and other mental health professionals working toward a common goal. Together, we provide a positive environment for kids and their families to find health, hope and happiness.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join one of the most innovative therapeutic mental health programs in Stark County. We offer a compassionate, supportive, accountable work environment to help you grow your career, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous and affordable medical, dental, life insurance, retirement and paid time off.
- Assist in planning and implementation of all internal and external special events, specifically annual fundraiser.
- Support the execution of event-related strategic plans and activities, as well as work with Chief Advancement Office (CAO) to establish policies, procedures and event standards.
- Work with CAO to establish event schedules, timelines and priorities.
- Learn and update Event Management Software in a timely manner.
- Establish a strong working level of comfort with Event Management Software for Annual Event—inputting donations, sponsorships, guests, attendees, bidders, using online bidding night of, understanding and running check out process, etc.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to coordinate coverage of outreach opportunities, and manage tabletop displays and promotional item distribution.
- Manage event estimates, contracts and reservations for all internal and external events.
- Serve as liaison between C&A and event vendors and order necessary supplies for MA department events and marketing campaigns.
- Work with CAO to provide direct oversight for all events set up – coordination of staff, materials, sequence, logistics, etc. and assist as needed.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to selecting vendors.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality and conduct pre- and post- event evaluations and report outcomes.
- Secure donations, gift certificates and raffle items for fundraisers and various needs of agency programs.
- Identify and create new events to help raise C&A’s profile within the community and create strategies to increase attendance at events.
- Ensure that all check requests have been submitted by dates of all events and other financial documents submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare Chair and CAO for fundraising meetings as well as record and distribute all minutes from fundraising meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with business contacts, friends and agency supporters.
- Assist with sponsorship research and drafting of agency sponsorship applications when necessary.
- Meet once a week or as needed with CAO.
- Attend trainings on fundraising, software updates, special events and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by CAO and performed under supervision of CAO.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred.
- Must possess exceptional word processing skills, Microsoft Office suite experience, excellent organizational skills, outstanding communication skills and data entry skills.
- Position is full-time and individual must be willing to work flexible hours – in the evenings and on weekends – if the need arises. This will be scheduled in advance.
- Candidate will interface with donors, foundation staff and must be able to relate to them in a positive and professional manner.
- Must have excellent phone skills and be willing to call and request items or funding for the agency.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Individuals with events, marketing and customer service experience preferred.
Hours: Full Time
Send resume/apply by: September 15, 2021
Submit to: Mary Frazier, Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions to: Melissa Coultas, Chief Advancement Officer @ 330-454-7917 ext. 117
An Equal Opportunity Employer