|October 31, 2019
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Assistant Plant Manager
Lead all aspects of the manufacturing operations and continuous improvement activities of the plant to meet customer and company expectations. Drive best practices in all areas, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the plant.
- Work with plant leadership to create, implement and drive a high performing culture.
- Champion continuous improvement, creating a learning organization and zero loss mindset.
- Seek out information to understand root causes and drive effective decision-making.
- Understand the financials around your business and how they drive your decisions.
- Provide leadership through all levels of the plant. Work proactively to foster an environment of trust, open communication and ownership.
- Work with Corporate Pillar leaders to build and sustain the plants TPM.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree
- 8+ years experience as a leader in a manufacturing environment
- Background in Food / CPG Production
- Proven experience in Lean Manufacturing with a strong track record of leading in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience developing and using KPIs to drive performance and corrective action
- Effective at building and maintaining positive organizational relationships
- Experience leading through change in the plant
- Desire to move upward within Shearers
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate for future plant leader roles within the enterprise
- Relocation assistance is provided
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.